First of all, before I utter a single syllable about any of these products, let me just put it out there that this is not a sponsored post. No one paid me to rave about these products; they are just genuinely the products I use every single day and they never let me down.
Okay, that’s out of the way.
So, I love makeup. Like… it’s not healthy how much I love makeup. Take me to a Sephora, hand me a vanilla latte, and you can leave for a few hours and I won’t notice you’re gone. I could swatch until my entire body is covered in little half-inch swipes of color, and blending eyeshadow is one of my favorite exercises. I’m addicted to youtube beauty videos… it’s a problem. BUT it’s not a problem I plan on fixing anytime soon, so…
I want to share my absolute ride or die makeup products that have gotten me through the hardest of times. These guys are my squad, my A team, my… whatever I just love these products and I hope you do too. I’m going to do my best to walk you through my everyday routine. Most products are available at any drugstore, Target, Wal-mart, etc. I will clarify if any product can only be found at a specific store. I am not including links because I don’t make any money off you clicking them, so what’s the point. BUT I will include pictures so you can walk into any store, point at the picture and say “help me find dis”.
Let’s get started! The first step to any good makeup day is ALWAYS washing your face and moisturizing. I don’t have a current ride or die skincare routine, so I will let y’all know when I find one. But just make sure you wash your face. Don’t skip that step… That ish is nasty.
Once your face is washed and moisturized, we can start getting our base on! The products I use for my base are:
- Covergirl Base Business Pore Minimizing Primer– I use my finger tips to work this into my skin, focusing on the middle of my face and working towards my chin/hairline.
- Ecotools Blending Sponges– I use the larger sponge for my foundation and I make sure it is nice and damp before I start! I like to run it under the water until it kind of puffs up a bit, squeeze it out as much as I can, and then go ahead with my foundation!
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless foundation– I love this foundation because it has a huge shade selection and it stays ALL DAY. I use the blending sponge to work it into my skin, using bouncing motions and starting in the middle of my face working outwards! Make sure you blend into your hairline and down your neck so you don’t have any harsh lines.
After my foundation is on, I move onto concealing. For this step, I use:
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer– This is available at Ulta, but usually not at drugstores. I apply this under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, and in the center of my forehead. I use the Ecotools smaller blending sponge (also dampened) to blend the concealer out until it kind of melts into my foundation. The idea is to make these parts of your face look brighter, so use a shade 1-2 shades lighter than your foundation.
- Coty Airspun loose face powder– this can only be found at Walmart. It smells like old lady but it is amazing. I use one of the damp ecotools sponges to pat this onto the places I just put concealer. You can leave it on for a minute for a more matte finish, or you can buff it away with a brush right away! That’s just a matter of personal preference (I tend to leave mine on for a few minutes).
- Maybelle Fit Me Matte+ Poreless Mattifying Powder– I use a big fluffy brush and buff this all over my face to set my foundation and to make my skin look airbrushed! This stuff is aaawwwwweessooommme. Make sure you buy it in the same shade as your foundation.
WOO. Your base is done. Let’s get some eyebrows on yo’ face. Don’t fill in your eyebrows? Ok well… you’re wrong. Someone has to tell you. Brows are important. Here’s what I use:
- Covergirl Easy Breezy Brow Pencil– This little guy is so small and so precise. It isn’t too waxy but it stays on all day! I use this to shape and fill in my brows. For a more thorough tutorial, I would look up a Nikki Tutorials tutorial on Youtube. She is the queen and I can’t try to even compare, so I will let her teach you.
- Mary Kay Brow Gel– the truth is, I don’t stand behind most Mary Kay products as being the best (sorry…. but also not sorry) but I will stand behind this one. I use this to gel my eyebrows into submission and set all the work I just did. A little goes a long way… we don’t need crunchy brows, people.
My next step is usually my eyes, although you could argue that it makes more sense to do bronzer/blush. BUT THIS ISN’T YOUR BLOG, SO. Here’s what I use for my every day eye look:
- Lorac Downtown LA palette– I use the tan color in this palette with a big fluffy eyeshadow brush and I just sweep it across the crease and blend until it looks soft and seamless. That’s it. The end.
- Maybelle EyeStudio black gel liner– I use this to add a little definition to my upper lash line. No wing, no fuss. Just an easy way to give your eyes a pop and make your lashes look thicker.
- Loreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara– ooohhhh bish. This stuff is the stuff. I use it every day. It doesn’t flake. It doesn’t smear. It makes my eyelashes extend to the heavens. It is beautiful. It is perfect. I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THIS. Go getchu some right now. I do 3 coats because I can and I want to, thank you.
Okay we are almost there. You are so close to being able to leave your house and look like you are wearing next to nothing even though you are wearing like, so much, makeup. Let’s finish this off. Here’s the end of my routine:
- Lisa Frank Bitten and Bronzed Matte Bronzer– this is a sore subject for me. It was limited edition. Lisa played me. She made me fall in love and then she took it away from me. I’m so sorry to tell you that the best bronzer in the world is no longer available. Find yourself a great matte bronzer, and sweep it right under your cheek bones to give your face an instant lift. It won’t ever look as good as mine because you don’t have the Lisa Frank bronzer, but you can at least try.
- Tarte “Paaaarty” Amazonian Clay blush– This. Shit. Is. Fantastic. It’s the perfect dusty rose color and it makes me look like I just made out with my husband for like an hour and I’m just flushed and adorable and in love. I wear it every day. I sweep it from the apples of my cheeks back to my hairline just above my ears.
- Essence Pure Nude Highlighter– got $2? Great then you can buy Essence products. They are cheap as helllll but man do they pack a punch. This highlighter is amazing and it will bless you. Sweep it on the high points of your face with a small fluffy brush (think cheekbones, brow bone, bridge of your nose, etc) and go on with your day knowing you are shining like the queen you are.
OKAYYYY so your face is looking snatched. And you’ve put in a lot of work. Let’s make sure that work stays all day so you don’t have to do this business twice in one day. Here’s my VERY LAST STEP:
- Maybelle Master Fix Wear-Boosting Setting Spray– spray it. Spray SO MUCH OF IT. All over your face. Until you’re like “wait this is too much”. It’s not. You need more. Spray your little heart out, and then run through a damn sprinkler because your makeup ain’t goin nowhere, friend. I am including a picture of me wearing all of these products, after doing cardio/weights at the gym for over an hour. Come at me, sweat. You are no match for my setting spray.
And that’s it! That’s my every day makeup routine. That’s how I go from creature of the crypt to somewhat attractive and has her shit together stay at home mom. And that’s how I keep my husband from telling me I look tired, or asking me if I’m sick. You can now go off, find these products, and keep your husband from saying those things. You’re welcome.
I hope this helps! Leave any questions in the comments, or DM me on Instagram (@thedandelionpuff). Have a blessed day, fellow makeup wearing queens.
p.s. I don’t wear lipstick often because it’s stupid and I look stupid in it. If you like it, you are a unicorn and I salute you.